WordPress. How I have missed thee! I will be writing an actual post in a little while that actually pertains to my hiatus, however for now I am completing my Liebster Award nomination. I was nominated by Harriet from Shiori & it is thanks to her that I actually remembered that I do in fact have a blog that I should occasionally update =) .
These are the rules for the Liebster nomination:
- Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
1. What is your top beauty product?
I don’t wear make-up (mostly because I actually have no clue how to put on makeup without looking like a five-year-old playing dress up); however, I love C.O. Bigolow’s My Favorite Night Balm Lip Treatment.
2. Do you prefer books or movies?
Books! I have loved reading since I was a child. Nothing helps me escape real life more than reading a good book. I will read pretty much any fiction book there is no matter how horrible.
3. What is your favourite food?
This is probably the hardest question I was given :d lol. I definitely have a passionate love affair with all food in general. Some of my favorites are tortellini, spaetzle (German), and any kind of chocolate with caramel in it.
4. What is your definition of happiness?
Option 1: Myself sitting in a window seat at the library reading a good book. Option 2: Being at home with my family. I am very close to all three of my younger siblings and always love being around them.
5. Why did you start blogging?
I have always loved writing and thought this would be a good way for me to get back into it while also having a place to come to to talk about things that matter to me.
6. Who or what are your biggest inspirations?
Definitely my family (immediate family: parents & siblings). As I said before we are very close. My mom is the strongest person I know. It is thanks to her that I have my love for knowledge and thanks to her that I know how to be my own person. My siblings also inspire me to do my best because I want to show them everything that life has to offer if they are willing to work for it.
7. What is your ideal job?
Ideal Job #1: A world-traveling fiction writer.
Realistic Ideal Job That Actually Comes With An Income #2: I would love to start and work at a research hospital in neuropsychiatry. I would like the opportunity to not only help the mental patients that reside there but work on improving the knowledge base in the fields of neurology and psychiatry. I would also like to work on improving the science curriculum in the U.S. for K-12. Of course ideally I would still have time to travel the world
8. What is your favourite thing to do to pass the time?
In my past life it was definitely reading. Due to all my reading for school however, I now tend to have a preference for quiet afternoons of laying in bed while watching either Netflix or Crunchyroll.
9. Where is your favourite place to visit?
I always love going home to Germany (my mother’s German & I was actually raised there until the 5th grade). The food is GREAT & I get to see my Opa & godmother.
10. What video game would you recommend?
I have not had a chance to play any new video games recently. Some of my older favorites that I would definitely recommend are Gears of War 2, Fable 2 & Minecraft (I swear its addicting).
11. Where would you like to be in 5 years time?
Ideally I would be half way through medical school in five years. Hopefully it will be at Emory & perhaps with a significant other (^_^)!
My nominees are insert drumroll :
- Maria from Sayhello!Japan
- Rocky from Basically Beyond Basic
- Z from 5 Year Journey: Medical School Edition
- Fujiko from I Lost My Heart in Japan
- 1994sunshine from Nihongo: A Journey
- Kori from Amakara Blog
- Leslie from The Fire Demon Diaries
- Christina from Falling for Japan
- Katori from Katori’s Japanese Log
- Leslie from Sekai no Gakusei
- & Tyler from Why Am I Seeking My Roots in Japan
My 11 questions are:
- What are three requirements for having a perfect day?
- Who is currently your favorite music artist?
- What is your favorite book?
- Manga or Anime?
- What would your ideal job be regardless of income or education required?
- If you could live in any fictional work (whether it be a movie, book, anime, etc.) where would you live?
- What is your all-time most & least favorite anime?
- How do you hope to make an impact on this world?
- Which topic can always start a good debate for you?
- What food describes your personality the best and why?
- What superpower would you like to have for a week?
Well, see you soon!